- Software Providers:
- Reels: 5
- # Paylines : 15
- Slot type: Video Slot
- Jackpot type: Pooled jackpot
- Bonus Feature: yes
- Scatter: Yes
- Free Spins: Yes
- Available on mobile:
Pros and cons
- Decent headline jackpot of 7500x linebet.
- Free spins bonus with retriggers possible.
- Second-screen bonus game.
- Use of Tomb Raider theme could have been more imaginative
Tomb Raider delivers all the essential thrills with a jackpot and bonus games that can deliver considerable rewards for big bounty hunters
How to play
Despite Lara Croft’s maverick ways, the Tomb Raider slot plays as a far more conventional five reel, fifteen-payline game, with plenty of betting options to suit players’ bankrolls. The bet per payline can be adjusted between $0.05 and $25.00, so with the flexibility to engage between one and all fifteen paylines per spin, you can stake as little as $0.05 up to an extravagant $375.00 per game.
Assisting your mission to turn spins into wins there are three special symbols amongst the standard paying symbols roaming the Tomb Raider reels:
- Wild Symbol – The Tomb Raider logo takes this role, and can substitute for all but the Scatter or Bonus symbol where that will generate a win.
- Scatter Symbol – A feisty looking Lara is the Scatter, capable of paying cash wins when two or more instances are in view and also triggering free spins when three or more show up.
- Bonus Symbol – The Idol symbol is the key to Tomb Raider slot’s second bonus feature, unlocking a second-screen game when three or more instances land on an active payline in the basegame.
Graphics and Sounds
Graphics: Naturally Tomb Raider online slot taps into the graphical look and feel of the original video game that inspired it, although we would like to have seen a little more imagination and animation to capture more of the video game’s atmosphere. That said, the whole game plays very smoothly and is a very attractive looking slot (and, no, we aren’t just saying that because Ms. Croft is rather easy on the eye.)
Sound: Sonically the sound effects lean more towards traditional casino slot cues, but there is a nice menacing tomb atmosphere rumbling away during play, and the bonus games add extra drama with additional tomb-interior sound effects and orchestral themes.
Tomb Raider slot plays with a fixed, rather than progressive slots, jackpot but it’s a pretty hefty payday and one of this themed slot’s main attractions. The Wild symbol becomes the top-paying icon when five instances land on an active payline to drop 7500 times the linebet. Even on the minimum bet of $0.05 that translates to a return of $375! Not a bad result for a few seconds in Lara’s company.
Tomb Raider slot has two special features to explore from triggers in the basegame.
- Free Spins Bonus – Three or more Scatters in view on the basegame bring the reward of ten free spins with the extra boost of all wins earned during the bonus being tripled. The reels remain the same, so retriggers are possible if Lara keeps popping by.
- Idol Bonus – Triggered if three of more of the Bonus Symbol land on an active payline in the basegame, this is a player-pick game. Twelve Idols are presented in a suitably themed tomb interior, and the number of Idol Bonus symbols that triggered the game becomes the number of picks the player can make from the twelve. Each pick reveals a cash casino bonus, with the headline win being a whopping 2,500 times the stake bet on the triggering spin.
Tomb Raider slot may be a little disappointing if you’ve come to it from the video game series and are expecting a little more of the essence of those titles to have inspired the bonus features available. However, viewed from the perspective of casino slot entertainment, Tomb Raider delivers all the essential thrills with a jackpot and bonus games that can deliver considerable rewards for big bounty hunters.